Shows Post of a category not listed in the category content on a sidebar when the category is viewed.
Recent Archive More Widget is a WordPress category archive widget that displays posts, not listed on page content area on the widget area of the sidebar of category archive page. If a post (within the current category archive page) is displayed on the content area of the page, this plugin will exclude it from the list of posts to be displayed in the widget area of the sidebar.
Other wordpress category archive widget do not have the same feature that recent archive more widget offers. Others may offer multiple configuration options that end up offering nothing but wordpress category archive widget (recent more category widget) have only two optional settings options.
Features of WordPress category archive widget
- Recent Archive More Widget is intelligent enough to know when it is on a category page. For example, if recent archive more widget is added on the sidebar it will remain silent (not appear) unless the page currently viewed is category archive page.
- There is no need to configure the titles and archives, Recent Archive More widget knows what to do.
- Two Configuration options: Widget title (I recommend you leave the title blank) and Number of post to display default is 3 posts (you can change this).
- Recent archive more widget displays more posts of the current category on the sidebar.
- Displays post thumbnail and title nicely on the sidebar.
FAQ on WordPress category archive widget
How many posts per page?
By default this plugin shows 4 posts on the sidebar, you can change it to any number of your choice.
Does it include post images
Yes. Thumbnail image (109X104px) on the left, post title on the right.
How do i make the widget title dynamic
Leave the title blank, the plugin knows how to achieve this.